More often than not, when you need to search for a particular folder on your computer, you end out looking for it by either searching for its name. In the eventuality that you feel that this practice takes a bit more time and effort than you are willing to give, then you can consider using Folder Painter to customize the directories via colors and hence, maybe find what you need faster.
All of us want our computer to be well organized, as it would be easier to access your files and folders when you need it. Apart from organizing your files using separate folders for different kind of files, you can also customize the folder itself. One of the pertinent issues that most of us come across often is that we just can’t instantly seem to locate the folder we need because all of them look the same. We then resort to searching for its name or taking a more closer look. This can be taken care of if we could add different colors to the folders in Windows Explorer. If you can assign a different color to different folders, then it would become easier to access them next time. After all, recognizing a folder with a color would be much easier than going through the names of the folder.
Windows 10 doesn’t have any options for you to customize folder colors. FolderPainter is a freeware that lets you color your Windows explorer folder color and change it from the default yellow color. Using this application, you can assign any color to your frequently accessed folders for example your financial folder can be green (like money) and your tasks folder can be red (urgent maybe?). After that No longer will you have to run your eyes over many folders to access your favorite folder. Having a different color will make the folder stand out, so that you can open it quickly.
Change the folder icon color from the context menu
- The setup is a quick process that entails decompressing the archive and then installing the tool to the Context Menu. As you probably hinted, the application does not have an interface, but rather you can access it from right-clicking on any folder.
- The program provides you with dozens of colors for modifying the directory icon color, mainly taints of green, blue and red. Despite the simplicity, these colors can act as an indicator for the priority or the importance of the data contained. For instance, you can mark the folder that includes critical data or that needs to forward with red and the less important things with gray.
Reset to the default appearance with just one click
- Changing the color of the directory icons can help you organize the type of files stored more efficiently, as it makes the ones that you use on a regular basis stand out. Since you can recognize them easily, you no longer have to spend time looking for it via Windows Explorer or trying to remember its name.
- You should bear in mind that you can reset to default whenever you want, an option that can come in handy if you need to complete multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for example. It is worth mentioning that the tool also comes with CMD support, so do not hesitate to use commands if you find it more convenient.
A handy utility for managing and organizing directories
- Without denying that there are numerous ways of organizing the data on your computer, Folder Painter can help you achieve that with a visual cue. Not only can you spot commonly used folders faster, but you can also organize your file more efficiently at the same time.
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Language: ML / ENG
Size: 0,76 MB.
Скачать | Download: