ActiveFax has been designed for network-wide transmission and receipt of fax messages, as well as sending and forwarding fax messages by email. The software runs on any Windows version from Windows 95 or higher and also supports terminal servers. Due to the client/server architecture of ActFax, all data is stored centralized on the fax server. With the integrated fax client and the ActFax printer driver, faxing from any standard application is as easy as printing. For the integration of the fax service into own applications, ActFax offers various standardized interfaces.
Faxing as simple and fast as printing
- Sending fax messages with ActFax is as simple and fast as printing a document on paper. To fax or email a document with ActFax, choose the printing function in your application as usual and select the ActiveFax printer as the destination printer. ActFax now displays a dialog window asking for the recipient (or a list of recipients) of the message on the screen. Central and private phone books assist the user in that case.
- ActFax now transfers the document to the fax server that automatically stores the fax and transmits it as fast as possible, depending on priority and available fax lines. For failed transmissions, the call is automatically repeated using sophisticated redialing techniques. The owner of the document can be informed about the result of a transmission with automatically printed sending reports, email notifications or through a popup window on the fax client.
- Due to the client/server architecture of ActFax, all documents are available for all users on any workstation in the network. Depending on the permission and group membership of a user, access is only granted to permitted documents. Extension numbers can be used to automatically route incoming faxes directly to the users in-box. Automatic printing on a particular workplace printer and automatic forwarding of received faxes by email can be individually configured for each user.
- Through the integrated programming interface, ActFax easily integrates with other applications to send fully automated faxes and emails. The integration into own applications, for example to automatically fax purchase orders or order confirmations, can be done with very little effort. By using so-called data fields, all kind of information (i.e. the fax number, subject, priority, etc.) can be specified directly in the document. Because of the underlying concept of data fields, the programming language used for an application becomes unimportant. Data fields can thus be easily integrated with virtually every type of application, regardless of the programming language or operating system used.
- Runs on Virtual Machines (VMware ESX, Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V)
- Terminal Server and Citrix support
- Complete client/server architecture
- Centralized data storage on the fax server
- Data access from every workplace in the network
- Sophisticated user, group and security concept
- Support of all common fax modems (fax class 1, 1.0, 2 and 2.0), ISDN adapters and Brooktrout/Dialogic fax boards (list of recommended modems)
- Support of V.34 Fax (Super G3) for transfer rates of up to 33,600 bps
- Support of VoIP/FoIP (Voice over IP/Fax over IP) with TE-Systems «XCAPI» software or Dialogic «Diva Server SoftIP» software
- Support of ConcordFax and Venali/eFax Web Fax Service
- Unlimited number of fax lines (modems)
- Mail-to-Fax through POP3 mailboxes
- Free technical support and software updates available for free download for two years
- Faxing and emailing from any Windows application through native printer driver
- Faxing and emailing from UNIX and Linux through POP3, LPD/LPR, FTP, TFTP and RAW-TCP-Port connections as well as import from the file system
- Automatic routing of received fax messages with extension numbers (DDI, MSN, DID), station id (CSID) and line routing
- Automatic printing of received fax messages and sending reports on different printers per user
- Automatic forwarding of fax messages by email, also to multiple email addresses
- Automatic export of fax messages
- Support of the file formats PDF, Tiff, Multipage Tiff, GIF and BMP for email attachments and document export
- Automatic definition of fax parameters (fax number, subject, priority, etc.) for fully automated fax messages from own applications through data fields
- Formatting of fax messages from non-Windows operating systems with printer commands of HP-LaserJet (PCL), Epson-LQ, Postscript and PDF
- Automatic archiving of fax messages
- Central and private phone books
- Direct access to Outlook and Exchange address books
- Cover pages and overlays
- Data exchange with external database tables through ODBC
- Fax on Demand server and client (fax polling)
- Least Cost Routing and automatic delayed fax transmissions
- Email transmission through SMTP with direct Internet connections or RAS dialup connections
- Support of HP Digital Sender 9100C and Xerox Workcentre series
- Economical utilization of available resources for low hardware requirements
- Automatic hardware detection and configuration by the setup program
Homepage | Changelog
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 (x86-x64)
Size: 36,21 MB.
Download From Homepage:
Installer (x32) | Installer (x64) | ActFax User's Manual
Download Only Medicine: