RMPrepUSB is an advanced and efficient piece of software aimed to offer you the means of formatting your USB drives or Flash drives, helping you transform them into bootable disks. Multiboot 'point-and-shoot' utilities like YUMI or XBOOT are excellent, however they don't support every different ISO or image. You will learn to enjoy making your own personal multiboot drive using RMPrepUSB!
Complex user interface
- The program’s interface is fairly cluttered and difficult to follow at times, due to the fact that all of the steps that need to be taken throughout the operation are all crammed into a small, non-resizable window.
- Nonetheless, once you have spent a bit of time fiddling with RMPrepUSB, you will begin to understand how it is supposed to function. The provided help documentation can also prove of assistance.
- Working with RMPrepUSB mainly consists of six steps, which you need to follow precisely in order to obtain the results you are after, otherwise it runs the risk of encountering various errors that will stop the process. After choosing the USB device that you want to use, you can set the ‘Partition Size’ and input the ‘Volume Label’.
- The next step consists of choosing the ‘Bootloader Options’, specifically the operating systems that you intend to work with (Windows, MS-DOS, SysLinux, etc). You can then opt for the type of filesystem that best suits your needs, and select the override preferences. Each option features a series of details about it, so as to help you make the right choice.
- Finally, you can check the proper box to copy OS files from a preferred source on your computer when the formatting process is complete. You can then press the ‘Prepare Drive’ button, which will cause a command prompt window to appear and display the progress of the operation, informing you of its completion.
- In conclusion, RMPrepUSB is a handy application whose main purpose is to help you create a bootable disk out your USB drives or other similar devices, so you can boot your system to various different operating systems with just a few moves.
Homepage | Changelog
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Language: ML / ENG / RUS
Size: 9,06 MB.