Windows Update MiniTool — Install or remove Windows Updates by using this straightforward application that also lets you hide some of the available updates
Windows Updates are Microsoft’s way to ensure that everybody receives all available bug fixes, patches or enhancements on time. While it is undoubtedly useful to install them, sometimes these updates might come in a bad moment, e.g. when you are in a hurry or are busy working, so you simply postpone them. If you want to make sure that you do not forget about the postponed updates, you can use Windows Update MiniTool, as it allows you to download and install them when you choose. This application features a straightforward layout that makes it as intuitively as possible for all users to enjoy its feature-set. Since it is portable, it does not require any installation on the host PC. It is an alternative to the standard Windows Update.
- Checking for updates
- Download updates
- Installing Updates
- Removal of installed updates
- Hiding unwanted updates
- Get direct links to the * .cab / *. Exe / *. Psf update files
- View update history
- Configure Automatic Updates
- Runs on OS from Windows XP to Windows 10
To set the language need wumt lang.ini placed in a folder with the programArabic (translation abbodi1406) — 30.07.2016Bulgarian (translation ExaFlop) — 10.01.2016
Chinese Traditional (translation Acrd) — 10.01.2016
Chinese Simplified (translation YanJun Sun) — 10.01.2016
Czech (translation Gladstone) — 10.01.2016
Dutch (translation Evides) — 10.01.2016 (updated 18.01.2016)
English (translation Mr.X) — 30.07.2016
French (translation Soulfate / Matrix360) — 10.01.2016
German (translation Sherman Tank) — 10.01.2016
Hebrew (translation smoky-jr) — 10.01.2016
Hungarian (translation Fowler) — 10.01.2016 (updated 11.01.2016)
Italian (translation Freddyfre) — 10.01.2016 (updated 13.01.2016)
Korean (translation yukiki99) — 10.01.2016 (updated 11.01.2016)
Polish (translation Mr.T / iNtEnSePL) — 10.01.2016 (updated 07.04.2016)
Portuguese (Brazil) (translation Igor Ruckert) — 10.01.2016
Portuguese (Portugal) (translation fLOW) — 10.01.2016
Romanian (translation ruby2hora) — 10.01.2016 (updated 17.01.2016)
Slovenian (translation RejZoR) — 10.01.2016
Spanish (Argentina) (translation enesalpa) — 10.01.2016 (updated 17.01.2016)
Swedish (translation cavveman) — 10.01.2016 (updated 20.01.2016)
Turkish (translation Murat5038) — 10.01.2016
Ukrainian (translation THEOS) — 10.01.2016 (updated 02.02.2016)
Vietnamese (translation vanhoivo) — 10.01.2016 (updated 19.06.2016)
Where are downloaded updates?
- The search can last about two hours. To fix this, install the update KB3138612.
- Automatically Install updates is automatic. Either use the configuration settings in control panel, Windows update.
- Disabled — the Updates are not tested, not downloaded, not installed.
- Notification — Notify before downloading and installing any updates.
- Only to be downloaded — Automatically download updates and notify them you are ready to install.
- Schedule — Automatically download updates and install them on a specified schedule.
- Controlled by administrator — This option allows local administrators to select the configuration mode on the control panel of Windows update.
[MarkedUpdates]In section MarkedUpdates enter the required articles updates that will be highlighted. The number is not limited, it is possible to continue «win_x_kb_n=1234567» and so on. The name can be any, the main thing that it differed from the rest.Section MarkedUpdatesColor is responsible for the color of the backlight. It is not mandatory, you can delete it. If this section is absent, the default color will be used as in the example.The Offline Mode?
- To use Offline mode you need wsusscn2.cab The file must be placed in the program folder.
- To collapse all groups in the list, click the middle mouse button (wheel).
- To sort the list click on the column name on which to sort.
- On the new system first checks for updates can take a long time.
- The program works on the basis of the system update service.
How it works
This script auto-elevates, uninstalls and removes the Windows 10 Update Assistant, renames the %programfiles%\rempl folder disabling remsh.exe, resets and removes permissions from and disables UsoClient.exe, WaaSMedic.exe, WaasMedicSvc.dll, WaaSMedicPS.dll, WaaSAssessment.dll, and SIHClient.exe, makes sure the task «wub_task» is installed that runs wub at boot (to stop updates from turning updates back on), *runs wub and enables and starts the windows update service (wuauserv) if disabled (*wub can be disabled using the included Configurator.cmd script, leaving Windows Updates always running so you can use Store and Defender at any time), then runs the correct version of the Windows Update MiniTool in «auto search for updates» mode for your OS version's architecture (x86 or x64), then disables and stops wuauserv giving you full control. No more forced automatic updates or surprise reboots. This was written for Windows 10 Pro and Home, but works with all versions of Windows 10.* Don't change any settings in WUMT while running the script.** If you need to install .Net 3.5 or use the Windows 10 Store or something that needs wuauserv running, run the script and after it enables wuauserv and starts WUMT, install what you need after WUMT checks for updates but BEFORE closing WUMT (unless you ran the Configurator to leave Windows Updates (wuauserv) on and running, then you can do those things at any time.)
- Changed option to view current MS-DEFCON rating in script to opening MS-DEFCON rating in-browser instead.
- Removed pre-lock check from LockFiles task.
Homepage of WUMT | Homepage of WUMT Wrapper Script
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Language: ML / ENG / RUS
Size: 5,51 MB.
Download Windows Update MiniTool & Script: