Adhoc Manager allows you to configure and start your Hosted/Adhoc Network as simple as possible. The need for it comes as there is that Microsoft removed th GUI in newer Windows versions.
Handy utility that offers an alternative to the command console
- Older versions of Windows included a graphical wizard for setting up an ad-hoc network, but this feature is no longer available in the latest releases of the OS. Instead, you need to complete this operation using command-line arguments, which not all users are likely to be familiar with.
- Thankfully, AdhocManager greatly simplifies the process, and its streamlined UI should be accessible even to complete novices.
Set up an ad-hoc network with minimal effort and manage your connections
- The application could hardly be easier to use, as the necessary steps are remarkably straightforward, even if you have never configured such a network before.
- Essentially, you only need to set the SSID name and password, and then click the Start button. You can consult the output log to ensure no issues have been encountered, but the network should now be ready to use.
- Additionally, the program can display information about your connected Wi-Fi adapters and their drivers, as well as statistics related to all available network connections.
Lightweight application that does not require installation
- Aside from being very easy to use, AdhocManager can be deployed instantly, as there is no need to go through an installation procedure beforehand. This is, of course, very convenient, as you can set up an ad-hoc network on any machine in seconds.
- 1. Start the application as Administrator
- 2. Enter a SSID and password (optional, but recommended)
- 3. Click on Start
- 4. Click on «Manage Connections..» and Right Click on the Connection you want to share. Open «Properties -> Sharing» and enable the sharing for other users, select «Hosted Network» or similar as the Home Network Connection.
- 5. Connect your clients to your WiFi Network
- WiFi Adapter
- An upstream connection to share (Dial-Up, Mobile, Ethernet etc.)
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Language: ENG / GER
Size: 0,30 MB.
Note: If starting the network fails with a message like «Invalid State», try to disable and re-enable your WiFi Adapter.
Скачать | Download: