FileOptimizer is a file compression tool used to reduce a variety of file types without changing the quality, also known as «lossless» compression. This is done via wide variety of optimization tools and recompression techniques combined into one program. Original files are sent to the recycle bin for restoration in the event the uncompressed version is preferred. Formats include audio/video (MP3, OGG, OGV), image (GIF, JPEG, PNG), office formats (DOCX, XLSX, ODT, PDF), and system files (DLL, EXE).
FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting BMP, DIB, DLL, BPL, DRV, LZL, SYS, CHM, CHS, CHW, DOC, DOT, FPX, MDB, MDT, MIX, MPD, MPP, MPT, MSI, MSP, MST, ONE, OST, PPS, PPT, PUB, PUZ STICKYNOTES, SNT THUMBS, DB, VSD, VST, VSS, XL, XLC, XLM, XLS, XLW, XSF, XSN, EXE, SCR, GIF, GZ, TGZ, SVGZ, JNG, JPG, JPEG, MNG, MP3, OBJ, O, LIB, A, OGG, OGV, EPDF, PDF, APNG, ICO, PNG, SWF, FAX, TIF, TIFF, PTIF, PTIFF, WEBP, AIR, APK, APPX, CBZ, DOCM, DOCX, DOTX, DOTM, DWFX, EPUB, IPA, JAR, MPP, ODT, OXPS, PPAM, POTM, POTX, PPSM, PPSX, PPTM, PPTX, PUB, SLDM, SLDX, VDX, VTX, VSX, XAP, XLAM, XLSM, XLSX, XLTM, XLTX, XPS, ZIP, AAI, AVS, DCX, PCC, PCX, FITS, JP2, JPC, HDR, HRZ, MIF, MIFF, MTV, OTB, P7, PALM, PDB, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PFM, PGM, PICON, PIC, PICT, PNM, PPM, PSB, PSD, SUN, VICAR, VIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM, and XWD file formats among others.
It keeps the behaviour of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several recompression and optimization techniques…
- More than 45 third party tools integrated in one same tool (plugins).
- More than 275 file extensions supported, being the most complete tool available of this type.
- Smart detection of file types by analyzing its contents, no matter of what extension they have.
- Simple program interface.
- Easy to use.
- Powerful automation via command-line.
- Free and open source.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command-line.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
- Implemented multilanguage support via standard PO files.
- New icons. Better quality and higher resolution (Nicolas, trlkly).
- Implemented ability to read options from registry to prevent users changing them in corporate environments. It will never write in the registry nevertheless (srobert698).
- Made adding files even faster.
- Hardened buffers in update checker to avoid crashed with certain AV/firewalls (Tom B, Abdulaziz Alnasi).
- Fixed creation of process because some of them like TruePNG do not like to be started in different folders (Hacker).
- Allow reading INI options from all users if available.
- Increased disable plugin mask to 512 characters (olavrb).
- Made INI parsing stronger against errors.
- Improved uninstaller to remove also .INI and .LOG files on user profile.
- Fixed ads were loaded even if hidden (Special).
- Added -perfect to mozjpegtran (Psykauze).
- Workarrounded again ImageMagick GIF processing flags as in 11.30 because it is not yet fixed (#26 Dr. Sassafras).
- Optimized precompiled headers.
- Added spanish translation (Javier Gutiérrez Chamorro).
- Added french translation (Nicolas F., Victor Bernoni).
- Using IDE Fix Pack 6.1.1.
- Updated TruePNG to 0.6.2.4 (Mike).
- Updated pngquant to 2.11.4.
- Updated libwebp to 0.6.1 RC2.
- Updaded Tidy to 5.6.0.
- Updated pingo to 0.92k x86 and x64 versions.
- Updated to mutool 1.12 RC1.
- Updated ImageMagick to 188.8.131.52 with HDRI support.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2015 (x86-x64)
Size: 56,1 / 150,15 MB.