Cydia — is a package manager mobile app for iOS that enables a user to find and install software packages on jailbroken iPhones, iPads and iPods. It also refers to digital distribution platform for software on iOS accessed through Cydia software. Most of the software packages available through Cydia are free but some require purchasing.
Cydia is developed by Jay Freeman (also called «saurik») and his company, SaurikIT. The name «Cydia» is an allusion to the Cydia Genus Of Moths, notably the Codling Moth(with a scientific name of Cydia pomonella), which is the proverbial «worm in the apple.»
Purpose and function
- Cydia provides a graphical user interface to jailbroken users using Advanced Packaging Tool (APT) repositories to install software unavailable on the App Store. Cydia is based on APT, ported to iOS as part of Jay Freeman's Telesphoreo project.
- Software packages are downloaded directly to the iOS device. Apps are installed in the same location as Apple's own applications, the /Applications directory. Jailbroken devices can also still buy and download apps normally from the official App Store. Most Jailbreaking tools (each of them supporting a specific set of devices and iOS versions) install Cydia automatically, while others provide a choice to the user.
Software available through Cydia
- Some of the packages available through Cydia are standard applications, while most packages are extensions and modifications for the iOS interface and for apps in the iOS ecosystem. Some apps available on Cydia are also emulators able to run images of games for old game consoles, albeit without those consoles' responsive controllers. Cydia enables users to find and install open source packages as well as purchase modifications for jailbroken iPhones. These modifications are based on a framework called Cydia Substrate (formally MobileSubstrate), which makes it relatively easy to install and update said modifications.
- UNIX command line tools are available on Cydia as well, including bash, coreutils and OpenSSH. After installing those packages the device is essentially turned to a full-fledged UNIX workstation, although without many development tools.
- In March 2009, the now-defunct blog TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) announced that the Cydia store had opened for sales. The announcement also mentioned that Amazon payments was the only option available, but that PayPal would be added in the future, which it was. Cydia stopped accepting Amazon Payments in 2015, leaving PayPal as the sole payment option.
- iPhone 7 | 7Plus — iOS 10.1-10.1.1
- iPhone 6s | iPad Pro — iOS 10-10.1.1
- Add iPhone 6 | 6 Plus
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Size: 21,06 MB.
Скачать | Download iOS:
Скачать | Download Yalu (Updated!):
Не знаешь как скачать? | You do not know how to download?