Just by emptying Recycle Bin the files and folders are not gone forever. Anyone can use special recovery software to restore any deleted items. Yes, this is true and its the way Windows works. Any deleted file still exists on the hard disk until overwritten with some other content, for example with some other file. Someone can recover your secret files when you're away or if you sold your PC, that's why you should use Prevent Recovery.
- The main purpose of the Prevent Recovery program is to make deleted files and folders unrecoverable. The program made as Wizard program and will be friendly for any computer user, even newbie. Prevent Recovery will overwrite all free space on your hard disk(s) that contain fragments of deleted files with the random data to avoid any possibility of recovery. It uses several security algorithms (DoD 5220.22, Gutmann you can replace deleted data with random characters, digits, spaces e.t.c.). While writing Prevent Recovery fills out information to the end of each cluster, leaving no chance to restore even just one word!
- Here is an answer from world knowledge base WikiPedia: «Since 1996 ...there's no practical evidence that overwritten data can be recovered. Moreover, there are good reasons to think that it cannot.» Prevent Recovery makes unrecoverable temporary files, cached files, logs e.t.c. which were also previously deleted.
- While working Prevent Recovery takes all free disk space, but when finished free space will be returned to previous condition. Don't worry about that. Its made to make sure that all possible free space was overwritten. The main reason why it should be done this way is that Windows write files to any place on the hard disk — to the end of free space, to the beginning, in the middle… And the result is that deleted files located everywhere! That's why its important to fill out all free disk space.
- Yes, Prevent Recovery can wipe deleted files on any disk like usb flash disk, memory stick or any other sort of removable disk (media storage). However you cannot use it on CD (CDR, DVD) — such disks should be physically burn to avoid any possibility of recovery.
- Some programs can store unencrypted (as text) passwords or other sensitive information in computer's memory. Because of the Windows virtual memory structure, this information can be located in the paging file. Prevent Recovery will wipe contents of this system file to protect your privacy.
- Because your hard disk free space can be over hundred Gigs, complete anti-recovery process can take a while. For example, up to one hour or even more on a large disk free space. Its normal. You can leave Prevent Recovery working and it will turn off computer when done. There is also built-in option to prevent computer from StandBy mode to make sure all operations will be fully complete.
Homepage | Changelog
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (x86-x64)
Language: ML / ENG / RUS
Size: 3,43 MB.
Download From Homepage:
Download Only Medicine: