Duplicate File Detector is a powerful tool to search for file duplicates on your computer. It can find duplicates of any files: text, binary, music or image. Algorithms used in the program allow for quickly analyzing of content of small and large files. The following criteria can be used search for duplicates: filename, file size, or file content. For multimedia files (MP3, OGG/Vorbis, WMA), the content of the following tags can be also analyzed: «Artist», «Album», «Title» and «Comment».
If you store hundreds or even thousands of documents, pictures, photos, music and video files, you often feel in doubt: “…it seems that I already have these file, but where?...”. Duplicate File Detector is here to help you. This program is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool for searching for file duplicates. Don’t waste your time browsing through directories to find duplicates, leave this to the smart program. You should only decide what to do with the found duplicates (copy, delete etc ...).
Let Duplicate File Detector analyze the contents of your hard drive and you will be impressed seeing how many identical files you have! You can free disk space by deleting duplicates, but be careful: do not delete files if you are not sure about them!
Warning: Duplicate File Detector does not delete your files without your permission, it only marks them in the list. And even after receiving your permission, it deletes them to the recycle bin by default, so that you will be able to recover them if they were deleted by mistake! During the scanning process, no operations with files are performed besides reading them for content analyzing.
- Search is performed in specified folders and drives.
- You can specify a set of folders, which will be excluded from search.
- Search for duplicates of music and video files.
- Search for duplicates of digital photo files.
- Search for duplicates of executable and any other files.
- When searching, you can filter files by size, creation date and specify masks such as *.jpg;*.png;img??.bmp;
- When the scanning process is finished, you will see the full list of files, which were analyzed as well as the list of found duplicates. The duplicates will be marked and you will be able to delete them with a single mouse click.
- Content analysis is performed using one of the following algorithms: Adler32 CRC32 CRC32B HAVAL128 HAVAL160 HAVAL192 MD2 MD4 MD5 RIPE-MD128 RIPE-MD160 SHA1 TIGER128 TIGER160 TIGER192. There is an option to analyze only a part of the file (10KB, 20KB, 30KB, 40KB, 50KB, 100KB, 200KB, 300KB, 400KB, 500KB, 1MB, 2MB, 3MB, 4MB, 5MB, 10MB, 50MB, 100MB).
- Analysis of ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags as well as tags in WMA and OGG files.
- Group copy, move and delete commands, which can be applied to the list of duplicates and to the general file list.
- Folder history (copying, moving) is stored, so they can be easily selected in the future.
- By default, files are deleted to the recycle bin.
- Convenient navigation tools allow for easy navigation in the duplicate list.
- Markers display the current state of the file (marked, deleted, moved etc...).
- Built-in file viewer allows you to analyze the content of the file before deciding what to do with it.
The built-in file viewer allows viewing of the following file types:
- Images: JPEG images, Standard Windows bitmap images (*.bmp, *.rle, *.dib), Photoshop images (*.psd, *.pdd), Paintshop Pro images (*.psp), Portable network graphic images (*.png), TIFF images (*.tif; *.tiff), GFI fax images (*.fax), SGI images (*.bw, *.rgb, *.rgba, *.sgi), Autodesk images files (*.cel; *.pic), Truevision images (*.tga; *.vst; *.icb; *.vda; *.win), Paintbrush images (*.pcx, *.pcc), Kodak Photo-CD images (*.pcd), Portable pixel/gray map images (*.ppm, *.pgm, *.pbm), CompuServe images (*.gif)
- Text files: (*.txt, *.c, *.cpp, *.h, *.hpp, *.pas, *.dpr, *.inc, *.ini, *.log, *.bat, *.cmd, *.inf, *.url, *.php, *.php2, *.php3, *.def, *.dsp, *.dsw, *.dpk, *.dpkw, *.bpg, *.bpr, *.mak, *.bas, *.tex, *.css, *.js, *.pm, *.awk, *.cla, *.clw, *.for, *.prg, *.spr, *.mpr, *.java, *.cgi, *.cls, *.sty, *.v, *.wrl, *.sh, *.sql, *.cfg, *.ctl, *.ion, *.diz, *.nfo, *.bbs, *.cnt, *.md5, *.sfv, *.manifest, *.uue, *.xxe)
- RTF files (*.rtf)
- Multimedia files: any files supported by MS Windows Media Player ( *.avi, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.mpe, *.mpv, *.mp2, *.mp1, *.m1v, *.m2v, *.mpv2, *.mp2v, *.mpa, *.m1a, *.m2a, *.asf, *.lsf, *.lsx, *.ivf, *.wav, *.mid, *.midi, *.rmi, *.mp3, *.aif, *.aifc, *.aiff, *.au, *.snd, *.mov, *.qt, *.3gp, *.3gp2, *.3g2, *.3gpp, *.ra, *.rm, *.ram, *.rmvb, *.rpm, *.rt, *.rp, *.smi, *.smil, *.roq, *.asx, *.m3u, *.pls, *.wvx, *.wax, *.wmx, *.wmv, *.wma, *.wmp, *.wm, *.cda, *.ac3, *.dts, *.vob, *.ifo, *.d2v, *.fli, *.flc, *.flic, *.mka, *.mkv, *.ts, *.tp, *.tpr, *.pva, *.aac, *.mp4, *.ogm, *.ogg, *.divx, *.vp6, *.m4a, *.m4b, *.vqf, *.ape, *.mpc, *.flac). Such files are displayed using MS WMP ActiveX-control.
- Binary files: any files (unlimited size). Simple file dump can be viewed as binary/hexadecimal or Unicode. Only the currently viewed portion of the file is loaded into memory. This mode is ideal for very large files or files of unknown type.
- Internet files: any files supported by MS Internet Explorer. Such files are displayed by MSIE ActiveX-control. (*.htm, *.html, *.htx, *.shtml, *.xhtml, *.shtm, *.stm, *.xml, *.xsl, *.asp, *.pl, *.vrml, *.plg, *.mht, *.htt, *.wbk, *.wps, *.csv, *.swf)
- Saving current session when leaving the program. At the next program startup you will be able to continue working with the same data.
- Multilanguage interface with support for Unicode languages (English, Russian)
Why search/delete file duplicates:
- Free hard drive space and reduce fragmentation
- Sort and order information on your PC
- Reduce the time required to find necessary information
- Search software (such as Google Desktop) will require less space to store index and the indexing process will speed up
- Reduce the time required to perform data backup
- Reduce the time required for antivirus check
OS: Windows all
Language: ML / ENG / RUS
Size: 3,93 / 3,19 MB.
Ссылка для скачивания:
Ссылка для скачивания Portable: